Monday, March 12, 2007

Martial Arts

Eric took his 3rd degree (I think) white belt testing Saturday. Well, he participated I should say. He didn't have enough classes to actually take the test. He missed too much time in January dealing with the ITP. He will get the chance to test during class at a later date. We found out he didn't have enough classes just before the test started. Sure glad we did, he would have been extremely discouraged had his name not have been called when they handed out certificates. As it was I was able to tell him before the event started and he was ok with it. That will be something I will definately be checking before he tests next time. I want him to participate and do his best even if he doesn't have enough classes, just think it's better to know that very pertinent piece of info beforehand.
We had fun Saturday with a friend over. Then Saturday night Eric started in with a fever. He'd been a bit yucky with allergies but no fever. (I've since found out that fever doesn't normally accompany allergies) So Doug and Eric stayed home from church Sunday and I went alone. Boy did they miss out!!!!!!!! He was fine Sunday then he got up early with me this morning (5:30) and had another fever 100.4. So he went to work with Doug and I picked him up there at 10 when I got off. We went to the Dr this afternoon and he tested positive for strep....Bummer! Even Dr Lovell was surprised! He doesn't complain much about his throat being sore, he's mostly just hoarse and a bit congested. I think we caught it early. It was bound to happen, there has been a lot of strep at school. So, with Iowa Basic skills testing this week, he'll go tomorrow morning and we'll pick him up early so "we" can (hopefully) get a nap in tomorrow afternoon. He practiced guitar and viola today as well as played on the computer some so I think he's good to go.

Hope you all have a great week!

One more thing.............you know that post about the little boy with Neuroblastoma? Well, I've been doing this; when I start to get wrapped up in the "little" things, (you know slow slow slow at the pharmacy, computer problems, "stupid" people) I think about Josiah's mom. I have my boy, she's about to lose one of hers. Enough said..................

No comments: