Sunday, Happy Birthday to my sister (in law) Juil Ann. Love you!
I really shouldn't get behind. Sometimes so much happens in a short time I forget. Which is one of the purposes of this blog. Sunday was more of the same, IV antibiotics and walk walk walk so he can pee pee pee! It was happening but it was a struggle. And other than getting to re-connect with my friend Carrie and her family (which was awesome) it was a rather "boring" day. (They were here for the birth of a baby, a good reason to be at the hospital!) We watched the Packers game, and I am NOT a quiet person when it comes to football. At one point I yelled RUN (to Aaron Rogers) a little too loud. Doug said, "I think they heard you from Green Bay." I went to the hall and one of the nurses came over and asked if everything was ok. I told her and she asked who I was for? I told her the Packers. She is from Wisconsin. Said to yell all I want! :)
Monday we stayed the course with the IV antibiotics. He was able to be unhooked from "the pole" as he didn't need fluids anymore (as long as he drank) except for infusion times. We walk a lot trying to wake up the bladder and get things going again. Dr Bumpers (the urologist) put him on a generic of a drug "Flomax" that is supposed to get him flowing again. Hopefully it will help.
The case manager came in Monday to give us our "options" for IV meds. 1. Get Home Health Care and United Services to provide the drugs (2 different companies) both of which were covered on my insurance. 2. If we didn't feel comfortable doing that, go to a rehab facility. 3. Come back to Mercy Outpatient Infusion clinic every day. (And on Sat and Sun you have to go thru the E.R.) Pros to #1 Convenience in a big way. Cons the iv drugs he will be on are VERY expensive and they want full payment in 3 months, and if the case manager talked nice they could extend it to 6. And if they don't get it they could turn it over to collections. Ummmm no. 2. A rehab facility is out of the question, he does not need that and mentally it would be a HUGE mistake. 3. Pros: It is its own clinic, not going to be sitting in a waiting room full of people. It is in the same building as Dr Bandy, the infectious disease doctor whom he will be seeing once a week. They do the blood cultures right in Dr Bandy's office. Cons: Every day 7 days a week for 1 - 2 hours per day. For anywhere from 1 to 4 weeks. And after all the deductibles are met etc etc etc, Mercy can put you on a payment plan.......... Those of you that know us well know we really really really hate debt but you do what you have to right? :)
Obviously we chose the Mercy outpatient infusion clinic.
The good news however is that his blood cultures look better every day. We are REALLY praying that iv antibiotics will only be needed for a week (or less) and that he can then go on oral.
So anyway, talk about a kick in the gut! One good thing she told us was that since he was admitted on December 31, 2013 that all of this stay will be on 2013 even though we are 7 days into the new year. God is in control, God is in control, God is in control. :)
They were getting all of that set up on Monday and they expected us to be released on Tuesday.
Stay tuned for the Tuesday update.
WE love you all!
Doug, Jan and Eric
No comments:
Post a Comment