Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Tuesday January 28th 2014

With this post I will hopefully be caught up.....for a day.  :)
Today Doug had infusion and then an appointment with Dr Bandy (infection dr.)  He was actually "kind of" running on time!   I tried to pull up his labs before we went in but he hadn't released them yet so I still don't know his numbers.  He said "everything looks great and we can stop the iv antibiotics."  Praise the Lord!  :)  He is to start on oral antibiotics (Augmenten) tomorrow.  He read the C.T. results to us again. No surprise there.  We are to go back Feb 11th and he is to have blood drawn the day before.  The good thing is he can have that done at the infusion center.  YES!  So much better than having to go thru the lab at the hospital. :)

With that I said "so does that mean he can have the PICC line pulled?"  He said "yes, just go back over to the infusion center and they will pull it for you."  Could it get any better?

We went back in and Alisha, Jennifer and Jeff were not surprised, they "thought" it might be time.  Doug was very nervous as it didn't go well AT ALL when they put it in. (They had to do it twice.)  Alisha did the procedure and had it out without him even knowing it!  He had his head turned and said "have you done it yet?"  She goes, "yeah, we are all done!"    We had to wait for 30 minutes to make sure he didn't bleed.  I got pictures of them (which have to be downloaded on the laptop) that I will get posted soon.

By then it was noon so we went to the cafeteria to see what the specials were.  Doug has been craving whitefish on a bed of rice and guess what they were having?   Grilled Mahimahi (sp) on a bed of rice with black beans.  Thank you Jesus for giving us the desires of our hearts, even when it's a craving!

We stopped at the pharmacy and picked up the antibiotics on our way home.  He was ready for a nap on the biomat when we got home.

We have been so blessed.  Rhonda brought us a meal on Saturday, Sarah brought us a meal on Sunday and Kate brought a meal on Monday.  This is my love language people.  We are feeling VERY loved and BLESSED beyond measure.  Tonight I have to cook.  Or we could have left overs!  I'm kidding :)

Thank you everyone who has blessed us with food, gifts, financially and with your prayers.  I cannot tell you how much we appreciate you.

We love you all so much.  Thank you thank you thank you for your prayers.

Jan, Doug and Eric

No comments: