It's been much the same around here since we got home. Doug sleeps a lot going from the bed to the couch. He is up about every 2 hours trying to empty his bladder. His thinking is that it is still not emptying completely. On the days he has infusion and doctor appointments he is completely wiped out by the time we get home. All that to say he is still very very weak.
On the home front, we got the Christmas tubs put back in the shed and the house cleaning is coming along. I get interrupted many times a day with the needs of my husband, but that's ok, as that is why I am home!
I got to get out Sunday for a bit while Eric was home. I felt like a new woman when I got back. Since Eric was little I've always said you are a better mom and wife with a little break. :)
Yesterday he had infusion then an appointment with the Internist (Infection) Dr Bandy. He'd had labs drawn on Monday so Dr Bandy had fresh results. He basically said "2 more weeks of iv antibiotics and then you can go to oral." (Insert deep sigh here.) His SED rate was still fairly high which indicates inflammation. There were others that still indicated infection as well. However, for being septic, the results were good. Not exactly what we wanted to hear. We were actually hoping we would be able to go to oral. Doug asked for a non-narcotic pain med stronger than Tylenol. Dr Bandy prescribed Lyrica (yeah, the one advertised on tv with a mile long list of side effects.) We dropped if off at the pharmacy on the way home. Got a call later that said insurance had denied it and wanted him to try something alternative generic not as strong first. Or we could pay cash for $137.00 He said no. The doctor and insurance are working that one out. He also asked Dr Bandy if the antibiotics were preventing him from gaining weight. He side stepped that one and really didn't give an answer.
I have more to say about an appointment with Dr Wilson (the natural doctor) today but it is lengthy and I need to go get some exercise aka helping Eric get wood.
So I will update more later!
No comments:
Post a Comment