Saturday, January 04, 2014

Walking

I mentioned we were going for a walk in my last post.   Let me paint a picture of what that entails.

1.  Empty Foley if need be into urinal
2.  Get slippers out of drawer and put on Doug's feet
3.  Bring walker and extra gown to bedside.
4.  Doug slowly works his way to the edge of the bed.  (Remember drain in butt, catheter in front)
5.  Pin drain bulb to edge of gown. (There is a safety pin on the strap of the bulb)
6.  Sit / stand.  Hang pee bag on the walker
7.  Put extra gown on backwards so as not to flash anyone
8.  Stand, move iv tubing and string thru snap of gown
9.  Unplug IV pole from wall
10.  Slide curtain out of way and open door
11.  Walk down hallway, me pushing pole, Doug maneuvering walker
12.  When finished, do in reverse order

Last night I was emptying the Foley bag and it was REALLY full.  I filled up the urinal and went to pick it up and guess what I did?  Yep, I TIPPED IT OVER!  And then, I said the "S" word.  I know I said I didn't cuss anymore but, WHAT WOULD YOU SAY IF YOU'D JUST DUMPED PEE ALL OVER THE FLOOR?   Geesh, what a mess.  3 towels and lots of paper towels later and we were off!

I really love my husband :O)

No comments: