Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Friday 1/24/14

At our appointment with Dr Bandy on Tuesday he ordered a C.T. scan to check on the size of the pocket.  It also will help Dr Treptow to know how to proceed as well. 

We got the insurance approval call on  Wednesday and at that point you just wait for the hospital central scheduling  to call and let you know when to come in.  Doug and I were talking at infusion on Thursday that it would sure be nice if we could get it scheduled for Thursday or Friday so Dr Treptow could review it with us at our appointment on Monday (1/27.)   I asked Alisha, one of our nurses, if there was a number for central scheduling and she just got on the phone and worked it all out!  She is AWESOME! 

So Friday we checked in at the hospital, paid our portion of the cost, got 1 (of 2) bottles of contrast, then walked to the next building and he got his antibiotics.  He started drinking his first bottle at 9:30 which was just after his infusion was finished.  The first bottle is to be drank (drunk?) between 9:30 and 10:30 so we just hung out there for a little while.  Then we walked back over to the hospital at 10:30 where he started on the 2nd bottle (to be finished by 11:30.)   He HATES the contrast and considering how many of these scans he's had in the last 6 months, I don't blame him!

While were were in the hospital we saw a friend that we used to go to church with 10 years ago.  He was there for an emergency procedure for his wife.  I know we were his divine appointment for that day.  We had so many "coincidences" (although I don't call them that::) during our stays that it was nice to BE one for someone else!

This time the scan went well and we were out of there by 1.   Doug was whipped, in pain and ready for a nap on the biomat!

We had a BEAUTIFUL weekend with temperatures in the 50's and low 60's on Sunday.  So nice to get to hang the sheets out on the clothesline in the middle of winter!  :)

The story continues in the next post.  I wanted to break it up because as you all know I am "all about the details!"  

Thank you all for your prayers.  Our God is an awesome God!

Love you all :)

Jan, Doug and Eric

No comments: