We are sooo happy to be home. Doug is so very weak but much more comfortable alternating between the couch and bed. He is having quite a bit of pain in his rectum, but who wouldn't with a (pentube) up your butt. He won't take anything though thinking the pain meds affect his bladder. I don't say anything anymore, he knows what he can stand. The amount of output is still an issue and I believe the stress he puts on himself doesn't help.
We go back to the Infusion Clinic at Mercy every day. Mon-Fri it is at the Physicians Tower at Mercy. It is it's own very nice clinic much the same as the infusion room at H.O.G. only on a much smaller scale. Very nice recliners line the walls each with it's own tray table and a chair for me. The recliners actually are very comfortable and he took a little nap this morning. He gets 2 antibiotics thru his PICC line, Daptomyacin and Inven. They take about 30 minutes to run as they are compatible with one another and can be run at the same time. We've only been there twice but it only takes an hour or so. I Googled them last night and the side effects. That may have been a mistake, but I wanted to know more than the info sheet they give you at the hospital. This way I know what to look for in him should something seem amiss. On Saturday and Sunday we have to go thru the E.R. at Mercy. I guess we will find out tomorrow.
Doug is trying very hard to be active. He is to do no pushing, pulling, lifting of any kind. He sometimes picks up 1 piece of wood at a time, and tries to mess with the wood stove some. Today he made his way (slowly) to the barn and filled up the wheelbarrow 1 piece at a time. He was done after that, totally pooped. Eric took over when he got home from school. (Doug knew better than to try and push that thing!) Then he swept the garage and put Charlie out on the runner rope. He is so bored and I am proud of him for trying. A little at a time and the strength will return. He weighed in at the clinic this morning at 144 lbs.
I got the Christmas stuff packed up today. I've yet to vacuum and clean the house but the guys are practicing in the garage tonight so, with 5 guys here in and out eating pizza and drinks, yeah, not happening till tomorrow. They don't care what it looks like anyway.
It was 50 degrees and rainy today so not much snow left. It's supposed to be the same temperature tomorrow so looking forward to getting the tubs to the shed tomorrow. The freezing temps earlier did a number on all of my plants. It looks like I've lost all my geraniums and 6 other plants. I'm not sure about my 4 Boston ferns yet. I've had to start over before. I may try germinating them myself this time.
So there you have the scoop on the home bound Dorothy's! If any of you have suggestions on how to build my husband's strength back, nutrition tips, supplements, anything, I'm all ears.
Thank you all for your continued prayers. We love you all!
Jan, Doug and Eric
No comments:
Post a Comment