Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Home Bound part 2

Today we had an appointment with Dr Awilda Wilson, the natural dr.  I have tried to get Doug in to see her in the 3 short times we had here at home but he was either just too weak or we had horrible weather, most of the time both. I know Doug has been stripped of nutrients thru fighting this infection, it just is what it is.  He is however, alive and the medical side is doing their thing and I knew I was in way over my head to bring him back nutritionally.  It could have happened but may have been a looong process.  So mama sought help from an expert.

She took one look at him and said, "I can see you are malnourished.  And you are very pale, I suspect liver issue as well."   I showed her the lab results (remember, she is the former oncology nurse.)  It's really nice to have someone that came from the medical field involved in the nutrition side of this.  Doug asked her if the antibiotics were causing him to not gain weight. She said due to his state of not absorbing nutrients, yes.  However, she did say he needs the antibiotics to get rid of the infection.  Although that also is causing him to have an "over the top" yeast level.  I explained where we were with the infection, the pemrose drain, and that the goal medically is to drain the infection, wait for the abscess area to fill in / heal.  Then the anamostis will have something to adhere to and then the ileostomy can be dropped back in.  She said as long as there is infection and inflammation the healing would be slow to happen.  So he is going to be taking several supplements to get that healing and nerve connection to happen.  She also is letting us borrow her ($2000) heated Bio Mat that he is to work up to 45 min per day.  It emits ions and helps to oxygenate the body which promotes healing.  It's all about getting that oxygen to your tissues.  Tissues can't heal without oxygen. He is also to use the spirometer (the thing they give you in the hospital to keep your airway open.)  In addition to that he is to take 2 Isagenix shakes per day using a product called "Beyond Organic" water.  (livebeyondorganic.com.)   I sat down this afternoon and typed up a supplement schedule as there is no way I would remember all this! 

So I truly believe we are FINALLY on the right track to healing.  This part will be out of pocket but like Doug said "considering everything the hospital will get, this is a drop in the bucket!"

Thank you all so much for your continued prayers.   They journey continues.
We love you all.

Isiah 41:10

Jan, Doug and Eric

No comments: