After another long nite & this morning one of the surgery residents woke us and said we were #2 today, which would be about 1030. They marked his neck and we just sat in the silence and waited and prayed. Doug made it just as they brought the wheelchair in. So many things are different and others just the same. The surgery waiting area was just the same.....a nondescript white curtained room off of a hallway. Oh the memories! They explained again all the things that "could" go wrong that they are required to tell you. And then Doug said. "Nothing's going to go wrong." :) Love my hubby. We waited about 1.5 hours before the surgeon came out and said there were 3 nodes clumped together and he just took 2 of them. They were seperate but together, I asked that specifically. So then we waited another hour and the finally called us into recovery. There's nothing so painful as your kid being wheeled away and nothing so wonderful as seeing them alert again! They took the bone marrow biopsy out of his hip instead of his back and there is about a 2 inch cut strip on his neck. She was giving him IV Morphine and then he got liquid Oxycodone. She said when he got into recovery he whipped off his oxygen mask and threw it. HA! That's my boy.
The afternoon was fairly uneventful with the exception of 3 of the surgeons that came in again and checked on him. The head dude said he thought the pathology results would take probably until Monday and given his blood issues the Oncology Dr's would probably keep us over the weekend. I'm praying we know like TOMORROW or Friday. Let's get this show on the road!
Dr Griffin (Resident) came in to check on Eric. He isn't on the floor tonight, he just wanted to check on him. What a guy. I asked about blood tonight (I noticed his eyes getting yellow-er) and he said there is nothing ordered but if I noticed it getting worse just ask the nurse to get with the Dr. I really like him, he's going to make a good Dr. Great caring bedside manner. (side note Hemoglobin was 9.1 this morning after the 2 units of blood and prayer over them last night)
So it's been pretty un-eventful. Doug went and got us Subway and we've just been hanging out watching Duck Dynasty re-runs. Until.........Eric needed to use the restroom so I helped him sit up (he is soooo sore, neck and hip) he stood up and I was unplugging his IV pole to maneuver it to the bathroom and he lost everything he'd had today. Unfortunately the puke pan was on the other side of the bed. Fortunately he'd had (mostly) liquids. So he was finishing up in the bathroom and I thought I'd go ask the nurse to call housekeeping cause.....we needed a mop! I got to the door and guess who was getting ready to come in? You guessed it, HOUSEKEEPING! Is God's timing perfect or what?
So hopefully it will be a quiet night. I'm back on the chair bed but I'm so tired I hope the only times I have to get up is to help get Eric to the bathroom.
Again we are still praying no cancer in that lymph node and this treatment will consist of medicines. I'm still researching with an outstretched arm and a shield. Thank you so much for standing with us!
Jan
No comments:
Post a Comment