Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Monday June 24th,

So Monday I got busy calling. First the PCP's office, he wasn't in. Have you ever tried to get info from the receptionist at a Dr's office? I seriously couldn't get past the receptionist! Except she did give me the number for Central Lab with Mercy and from there I was able to get info on who could get same day results for a cbc. The main lab at Mercy Hospital was the ticket. (Thanks Karyn, you are best nurse on the planet!) Anyway, we didn't have orders from ACH for the cbc and since our PCP was not in, I had to call ACH to get orders faxed to the lab. Then Amy (Dr Succente's specialty nurse) called back and said the fax# would ring but went to fast busy signal. I was sure it was the right number as I'd repeated to back to the tech. So I called the lab again and asked for an alternate fax # which apparently worked. This was the first time we had the Mercy experience (other than 4 hours in the E.R. that started this journey.) After we'd registered and got called back to the lab, the tech asked Eric "have you ever had blood drawn before?" We honestly both laughed out loud :) Anyway, after a brief explanation I said, "we may become very well acquainted!" We all got to have lunch with a friend and one of Eric's GREAT youth leaders Josh. (Thanks for lunch Josh!) Wow, talk about a shot in the arm for our son, it was so what he needed. All initiated by him too, just so grateful :) We did some "walking" via way of some shopping in the Promenade area for a short time. It was so hot I didn't want him to get overdone. Around 4 Amy called and said she still hadn't received lab results from Mercy. (I saw the orders, it clearly said to fax the results to ACH with the #) So I gave her the number and she called back with the GREAT results that Eric's Hemoglobin is at 11! PTL!!!!! Still nothing on the pathology results. Amy said she did hear Dr S. talking to the lab Monday afternoon so hopefully soon. For now we are thankful for great numbers! Jan

No comments: