We didn't hear anything from ACH Wed so Thursday (today) it was! I've decided I like 11 am appointments at Children's, you avoid the am traffic and it's just before the noon traffic. Win win! They drew 6 tubes of blood and then we just waited for an hour and a half. But, that's the nature of things lately :)
His hemoglobin was 11.4, and that is up from 11 on Monday! P.T.L.!! The pathology report of the lymph node got back this morning. Dr S. said she has been on the phone with them every day! It is "inconclusive" and she believes the enlarged node was due to an infection or virus. She made a copy of the report for me (which I've yet to read and decipher) so I will see if there is something more in it that I can understand.
He will have to have another cbc at Mercy lab locally on Monday and then we go back to ACH on Wednesday 7/3. She asked if she could send samples of his blood to Children's Hospital of Ohio lab in Cincinnati. They have a fantastic lab that does research and she would like to see if they can detect something in Eric's blood that would indicate an abnormality causing the issues in his body. (Hodgkin's, I.T.P. and Hemolytic Anemia.) She told him to get ready to have a large amount of blood drawn.
As far as treatment goes. Dr S. said he is still anemic. However, since his body appears to be recovering on it's own she would like to hold off on treatment, which is steroids. I told her I hoped that is what she would say. :) We have to continue to keep a close eye on him and call if there are worsening symptoms.
So that is our day in a nutshell. We will take it! Thank you again for praying. We are getting there!
Jan
P.S. My smart alec fun boy is back. It's soooooo nice !!!!
1 comment:
Yay! That's great news!
Post a Comment