Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sunday June 23rd, Day 9

Eric's Hemoglobin this morning was 9.2 which earned us A TICKET HOME! It didn't take long to pack up and get ready and we were out of there by 11 this morning. I think Eric smiled in his sleep all the way home. As a matter of fact he hasn't stopped smiling since we got home. He is in the best mood and we are loving it. We have to have labs tomorrow morning and get a cbc faxed to Children's. Those numbers will determine if we will have to go back for a transfusion. He will have to get blood at ACH due to the antibody issue. I may not be saying this exactly right but from what I remember Dr Stine saying, they cross type the blood, match it with his and if it is not compatible it can't be given to him. At ACH they know this so they do some other things to the blood to make it compatible. Since he's already had 10 transfusions there, I am completely comfortable in doing this. It seems the more people (clinics, labs, etc) that get involved the more confusion it can create. Then we will also go back to Little Rock this week (they are to call us) for the final pathology report and to start treatment if need be. HOWEVER! Since we've gotten home, his urine is completely NORMAL. And it was still not normal when we left ACH. The yellow in his eyes is almost completely gone. He is acting normal (for Eric!) I am calling him HEALED in Jesus name! Jan

No comments: