Thursday, December 18, 2014
2 REALLY big prayers answered!
I can't believe I didn't post this yesterday.
Background. The road we live on is scheduled to be widened....is that a word? Made wider....? Anyway, you get the picture. We have been to every meeting the Arkansas Highway Transportation Department has had in the last 2 years regarding this project. The projected route for our stretch of the road was the same on every map, that we were slated to be relocated as the road would go right thru our house. Until the last meeting where they moved the road "slightly" and missed the house but swung back in and take all the walnut trees and the well house. We spoke with the representatives of the AHTD at each meeting, and after seeing the map at the last meeting realizing what they had done they said our only course of action was to fill out the "public comments" forms and write letters. Which we did. In addition to that we sent pictures, Doug made phone calls and sent emails. We got no response to any of them. With all that we had going on in the health department in the Dorothy family we just had to say "Lord, we've done what we can, we're leaving this in YOUR hands."
About 2 months ago there was a card from the AHTD in the door when I got home on my split shift day. Doug called and Stacia from AHTD came over that night and they walked the property and she said she checked before she left LIT and said the road would come within 6 FEET of our house. Now would you like to live that close to a busy road? There are times when the police FLY down our road going to an emergency, not to mention those that don't go the (35mph) speed limit.
2.5 weeks ago we got a letter from the AHTD that said they were going to come to appraise the property they were going to take. (All of the walnut trees and the well house and all that property up to within 6 feet of the house PLUS they wanted to "rent" space on the 5 acres for their equipment.) We could be present if we wanted, or have someone there to be a representative for us. So Doug asked a friend to be available. When the AHTD man came Doug and our friend were both there. However, Doug wasn't feeling well (understatement) and stated his concerns to the representative and our friend was able to stay with him. What I didn't know was when he was coming. And he went thru the house and took pictures for appraisal purposes. I had been decorating for Christmas so the tubs were out and beds not made.......oh well, it is what it is!
Yesterday morning before we left Stacia from the AHTD called and said they had "decided to relocate the family." US. Wow, I told her I was happy to not have to live 6 feet from the road, but I was just a little shell shocked! She was most pleasant and said she knew with Doug not feeling well that we would just wait until sometime in January to meet again.
That was 1 BIG REALLY BIG step in an answered prayer. Now to get a fair price. But you know what? Not that God has anything to "prove" to us, but He's got this! :)
And the 2nd really big prayer answered?
We got the call from my insurance that the MRI had been approved. Another REALLY big answer to prayer!
Ok, now this one is not huge but God's in the little things too. Doug has been craving an apple fritter. And he's 141 pounds, I will do what I can to get him what he will eat. So I said in conversation, Lord, it sure would be nice to find him an apple fritter. And one of our stops had a baked goods......with apple fritters. Cool huh?
God is good, ALL the time!
Jan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment