Saturday, December 27, 2014

Saturday 12/27

When I got to the hospital this morning about 9 I was bummed to see the puke pan beside him.  He had puked 2 times, one of them was with his oxycodone.  Our sweet nurse Connie was in checking vitals and he puked again.  She immediately let the team know and requested something for nausea. That came and he slept for awhile after that.  They had also pulled the catheter this am.  At noon he still hadn't peed and we took him to the bathroom and it didn't happen.  She is required to call the cath team and they were there within 15 minutes and just did the in and out self cath thingy.  Which he HATES but at least they didn't leave it in!.  He has to try again at 4 and 6:50 and if he hasn't gone by then he has to have it done again.  They got 426 cc which is a little more than a can of soda.  But he thought he was empty.

We walked at 1:30 up and down the hall.  he did really well.  They unhook the iv so you don't have to hang on to a pole.  Then they have these things that look like a padded podium on wheels that they adjusted to his height and he can lean/hang on to.  Sure beats a walker!   :)

He kept down his applesauce and tylenol and has been sleeping since he walked.  In about 5 minutes I am going to have to disturb him again to try and pee.  So, once again we are asking for prayers for pee!   (I can't believe I am asking for pee again.)



We are plugging along.   Still coveting your prayers.  Thank you so much!


Jan, Doug and Eric

No comments: