I am tardy in typing this but need to catch up so I don't forget details. I can't tell you how many times I've referred back to the blog for dates and details.
After we got back to the hotel on Thursday night he was due for another dose of oxycodone but we put the pain patches on his belly area to give it a try. Then we went to supper across the street at Perkins. Bad idea. The pain got wayyyy out of control and took 3 oxycodone at one time (prescribed but he doesn't like to take that many at once) and 2.5 hours to finally get it managed. We won't do THAT again. Doug said "what a waste of $50! I have to agree. :)
Friday (the 12th) Doug had (fasting) blood work at 7:40am. Mayo has this figured out I'm telling you!. Let me back up, after we got off the shuttle and thru the HUGE roundy door thing, I can't remember what it's called, like a carousel? Anyway they have lines of wheelchairs for you to use, which we did. And boy howdy it made things sooo much better. I could push him and put the backpack on the handles and away we went.
After labs we headed up to see if we could get worked in for the MRI. We got sent to the Mayo building (just a short walk away) to the "checker" area, I guess you are called that because you are "checking" to see if you can get in early. Right away she said "ohhh I don't know but I will call." She was on the phone for awhile and finally said "ok, I'll tell her." She said the earliest available appointment is next Thursday the 18th, which he is already scheduled for. By that time it was only 9 am. The next shuttle was to arrive at the Gonda building at 9:35 and checkout time at the hotel was noon so I gathered my man and said "let's go home!" (Rather than wait in MN for 6 days.) We could spend the weekend with Eric, I could work for 2 days and Doug could get hyperbaric treatment for 2 more days.
We got packed up fine and attempted to checkout early. When I reserved the room I did it online rather than call the hotel directly. Big mistake. BIG. It took 45 minutes to be able to check out early and not get charged for Friday night. Won't do THAT again!
We finally got out of there close to noon. Fortunately it was still around 34 degrees and we had a long but uneventful ride home. We have to stop every 1.5-2 hours so it took awhile but we made it home around 11pm. And we know the clean bathrooms from here to Rochester!
We were so happy to sleep in our own bed! Eric had ACT test on Saturday morning. I paid extra for him to do the writing prompt (which was to take a little longer) so he was none to pleased with his mama! I got him up and made him coffee so that helped a little. When he got home he told me the writing prompt was "Do you think songwriters should be required to write only positive lyrics and why, cite your sources." Wow, talk about right up his alley. I said "see, God even cares about which writing prompt you get!"
It was a nice quiet weekend. We did Sunday "church tv" with Andy Stanley. Soooo good!
And now I will stop so this doesn't get overly long and confusing with the newer news.
No comments:
Post a Comment