Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Tuesday 12/16/14

First I want to say a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my sweet sister in law and garage/estate sale partner in crime Ronda!   We love you Ronda.  :)


I had 2 great and BUSY days at work.  It is Christmas after all, that time of year all us FedEx people's blood turns purple and orange (or green if you work for Ground.)   I really really miss being on the road but I am certain I am where I am supposed to be.  I have 3 of the best managers I have ever had in my 30 years with FedEx!  

Doug got in 2 days of hyperbaric chamber treatment.  He is in pain a lot.  He tries to not take so much oxycodone at home when he's down.  When he does he goes to bed and relaxes (as much as he can) and then he sweats.  Like, soaking wet sweat.  Dr Travis said that may be a side effect of the oxycodone, or even the vancomyacin.  He is miserable and when I ask him what I can do for him he says "just get me to MAYO!"  That's the plan honey, that's the plan!

I forgot to mention that Holly with Mayo got back to me Friday morning regarding the pre-auth for the MRI.  She said they usually only get pre-auths for inpatient and out patient procedures but she gave me the number for that office.  

I called the business office this afternoon and asked if they would do a preauth for Doug's MRI on Thursday the 18th.  The lady was super nice and said they would call and try to get it.   Please pray with us for that to get approved before the MRI.

So I am all packed and pretty much ready to go.  I want to get on the road earlier than last week.  We are certainly grateful for the "cheaper" gas prices.   God specializes in timing!

I think that's it for now.  The prayer requests, for safe travelling at any time we are driving, for God to go before us in all ways, doctors, nurses, receptionists, techs, hotel personell, food, pain management, for the MRI to get approved with no problems before the procedure, for Eric to have no issues at home and have fun things for him to do and friends to hang with, for them to find out what the problem is and be on the road to FIXING it.  But mostly for God's divine intervention and a healing Christmas miracle to Doug's body would just be AWESOME.  Oh, and yes, I still have hives.  :O)

As always, we covet your prayers.  Thank you so much.

Doug, Jan and Eric.

No comments: