Monday, December 09, 2013

I do this to help me remember too, ok?

So it was kind of a stinky day.   Take that as you'd like!  We got edumacated on changing the bag. Then Dr Treptow came in and asked why he was still on a liquid diet.  (His colleague did rounds Sunday.)    In light of his bloating (which we now know was probably caused by his lazy bladder) she opted to keep him on it till today.  So Dr T. took him off and for supper he got cream of m/r soup, a chocolate shake and some milk.  He ate the shake.   He expressed his displeasure about having the catheter in, Dr T. said he might even get to go home with it.  How many ways can we ask for pee? :)
Still no word about home going.  We also got a visit from a case worker.  Short and sweet so we will probably be seeing her again. 

I went home for a little while to check on my son who is crossing off things on his "honey do" list.  He's literally keeping the home fires burning and I MISS him BADLY!  I know this is the plan for such a time as this however.  :)

When I got back I went down to surgery waiting where they have an Ion water machine.  Doug is REALLY picky about his water so we're thankful for it.  Plus it's supposed to be "purer" (is that a word?) water.  I'm just so thankful that Mercy went above and beyond :O)

Got back in the room and his stupid bag needed to be changed again because the seal wasn't good.  It was shift change but when I told (and apologized, recognizing it was shift change time) our awesome day nurse John, he cheerfully said "no problem" and he was sincere.  God Bless him!

So since Dr T. said narcotics can slow things down (ie bladder) Doug was not wanting to take any pain med.  I suggested Tylenol PM which he was ok with.  Our night nurse (Kelly) called Dr T. to get the order and he said both Tylenols would be fine.  Doug took that and is out right now.  It was a rough night last night and we both feel like he lost some ground today so praying tomorrow is better.

And with that, it's snowing again, albeit lightly it is snowing.  Roads are still horrible.....but it's supposed to get to 34 degrees tomorrow.  Heat wave!

Thank you for your continued prayers. 

We love you!

Jan

No comments: