Well, like it or not tomorrow is the day. I should just say "not." But it's time to get on with it. July 31, 2013 dawned a new season. I like to think of it as a walk by faith and not sight, quite literally! :0)
We spent Thanksgiving at Mike and Ronda's. Allie and the girls, Andrea, Mouse and Dusty and Shirley (Ronda's brother, niece and mom from Iowa) Mom and Dad and us three rounded out the group. Ronda is an awesome cook and we all pitched in. After lunch Natasha (our activity director) and I got out the Corn Hole game. It was a beautiful day and we rotated partners. It was a good time!
 |
| Janessa the new walker! (and Sadie) |
 |
| "Aunt Ronda makes the BEST mashed taters" as quoted by Eric! |
 |
| She's a sweet pea :) |
 |
| Go Packers! |
 |
| I want to play on your phone! |
 |
| Peek a boo Dusty! |
 |
I LIKE popsickles!
It's been an anxious week around here. Doug went metal detecting Saturday. Thanks Gary and Jack, you guys really are the best. He needed that more than you know!
Please pray for Doug (and our families.) The surgery will last anywhere from 2-4 hours depending on what they find and the procedure that needs to be done. What they've said is that when he wakes he will have a NG tube, IV (obviously:) for pain meds, etc. catheter and probably a drain tube at the surgery site. And we are PRAYING no ostomy bag. We ask that you agree with us for favor, for the doctors guide their hands, for clear minds, that the anesthesia will go perfectly and there will be absolute sterility, for no complications and a smooth transition into recovery. Pray for a quick recovery and healing of his body. I'm praying for the nurses, and that no one touches my husband that is not ordained by God to help him in his healing journey! God's timing is perfect and that is how we are praying, for everything to be perfectly timed according to HIS will for Doug and our family.
I have made a "group" text for family and those of you that aren't on facebook. (I'll update that way too.) So Virginia, Gary and Jack when you see "Update on Doug" it's me! :) If anyone else that reads this blog wants in on it, my number is 479-685-6432, just send me a text and I'll add you.
Again, thank you thank you thank you. I will be staying with Doug (if they will let me) at least Wednesday night. They are predicting a winter storm for the end of this week. Eric driving in nasty weather kind of makes me nervous as well. Maybe they will just cancel school? I know that will all work out too, just my mom's heart talking!
We love you all!
Jan
|
1 comment:
I'm with you in spirit...
Post a Comment