Tuesday, December 10, 2013

We were having a great night....until 4 am.  Bag leakage and change, AND a bedding change.  So as of today he's been taken off the motility med (makes your bowels move) and the catheter has also been removed.  We both have bottles of water and I'm challenging him to match me drink for drink.  He's also been given a potassium pill twice per day as well.

We've walked twice.  He is exhausted each time but knows he has to do it to get better.  Right now he's having lunch of grilled chicken breast, mashed taters and gravy, cottage cheese and a Carnation instant breakfast chocolate drink with a orange ice cup for dessert.  We will see how much of that he can get down.  Really not had a meal since last Monday-8 days.

Dr Treptow was just in.  I asked him if he could have something other than Tylenol for pain.  Dr T. said Tylenol doesn't work for him either so he put in an order for Motrin.  He said if we feel educated enough for the bag and he starts urinating that we may be able to go H O M E tomorrow! P.T.L!!!

I'm "letting" him rest for a bit then I am going to get him in the......shower.  I think I'll put my shorts on first :)  or maybe just get niked myself?  lol.   Later we'll walk again.  I'm a "strong encourager" I'll tell ya.  Not going to get better laying in bed.

I've posted some photos for those of you that live elsewhere, this is how Arkansas does (and doesn't) do snow!

Thank you for your prayers.

Jan

No comments: