Wednesday, January 31, 2007

229,000 WOO HOO!!!

Eric got his blood drawn Monday. Tuesday Ruth (our wonderful Hem/Oc nurse from ACH) called and said Eric's platelet count is 229,000 and he is NORMAL!!! That's a great word isn't it? Anyway, he's back in school and went to Martial Arts yesterday. But, they sparred and that is something Eric is restricted from. So last night he got understandably upset and cried and cried and got mad and said "it's not FAIR!" And we agreed with him. I just told him I didn't know why this was happening but what I do know is that God has a plan and a purpose for him and through this he would get stronger and we will trust the Lord. He said "will good come from this?" I told him that we know that "all things work together for good to them that love the Lord, to those who are called to His purpose" and we pray God's perfect will and God's purpose for him. Then he asked me what I thought his purpose is? Hmmmmm. Not sure about that one but whatever it is I pray that God will be glorified. Quiet teachable moments. He's such a great kid!!!!

Right now we're getting snow snow snow. School got out early today. It took us 45 minustes to go about 5 miles. But, we're home and snug and enjoying the afternoon. Ok, those of you from the north, don't make fun of our snow. It's still coming down so we should get more later. However, the temperature when I went to work at 6 this morning was 16 degrees. It's about 24 now. And for Arkansas, that's cold!

Thanks for checking on us and praying for our boy. We appreciate you!!!

Jan

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm, Eric is "normal" they say? If that is the case, perhaps his purpose is to prove that 10 year olds are not as crazy as they appear to be. Hark! I can hear the sarcastic reply already: "It takes one to know one!". That's fine, as long as they quit calling me old (or even worse, older than their parents!).

Enjoy the snow day. When will you be allowed to sled???

SO GLAD TO GET THE GOOD REPORT! Love, MK

TheDorothyFamily said...

The blood honey the blood! Ahhh so true, especially when the "Gross Master" (complete with all the sounds you can imagine a gross master would make) comes out. And you OLD? Have they not seen the pictures on the wall???? We're going to get the 4 wheeler out tomorrow and sled in the field. Wanna come?
Jan

Unknown said...

That sounds like AWESOME fun - if I can get my rear out of bed by daylight and work first. I'll holler late morning and see what y'all are up to, let you know if I've made any progress.

And while I am on the topic of rears, I predict mine will be quite sore tomorrow after hauling it up the hill a thousand times tonight (the downside of sledding - one of the reasons why your invite is so inticing....)

Can you believe I am up at 12:30!?? Wow!

Talk to you tomorrow, MK