Saturday, January 20, 2007

Bummer night

Last night a friend and I went to the late movie "Dream Girls". It was good, very musical. We got home and all was quiet and I went to bed about 1:30 am. About 3:30 Eric cam in and got in bed with us. He was very warm. I got up and he got up with me and said he had a headache, 100.2 fever, sick to his stomach and sore throat. So I FINALLY got the Tylenol down him, then his stomach was upset so he drank some water and had a small piece of mint and that didn't help so he had the Zofran and kept it down. We went back to bed around 5:30. Needless to say it was a long night! Today we got the prescriptions for Zofran and Phenigran filled. So, if it happens again we'll be prepared. Also got some of the Tylenol dissolvable tablets. We'll see how that works. The pharmacist at Walgreens made the comment that my insurance didn't cover Zofran. I told her I knew the Medicaid did though. I wonder if they are required to push for the insurance (or lack of) coverage rather than what Tefra pays. Which is interesting too as we pay $70 per month for the Tefra. It hasn't been used in about a year but in cases such as this and all the tests we had done last week our $70 per month is more than worth it. Just an interesting comment by the pharmacist and what would someone that didn't know that do? Ahhh we are thrown back into the world of dealing with insurance. When you have a sick child insurance consumes a LARGE part of your time. More than it should in my opinion. But, THANK GOD for it! After Eric was approved for Tefra it has helped to know that what my insurance didn't pick up (which does very well in this case) the Tefra takes care of the rest. Whew! I'll get off my soapbox now.

The petecia is a little worse today but we're laying low and he's eaten well. Still has a bit of a sore throat. Praying we all can sleep all night tonight. And hoping church isn't cancelled tomorrow........we missed last week due to side effects. And boy do I miss it.

Well, if you can, go to church tomorrow and give God the glory!

Jan

No comments: