Wednesday, January 17, 2007

"Normal" is goooodddd

Oh how we enjoyed just hanging out on Monday. Eric and I both got adjusted, another step in healing and comfort (for both of us). Tuesday when I drove in to the parking lot at work, all of a sudden I got emotional. I know, it's 17 degrees and I'm about to cry because I get to deliver in the freezing temperature today and add to that due to the ice storms we were delivering 2 days freight in 1 day! But, I was just soooo thankful to be at work just 4 days after treatment and not 6 months after treatment. And most importantly, Eric is getting better and we will pray that he continues. Tuesday after school we went for finger poke and cbc. The results came back today, platelets are at 86. Still low but considering Friday they were 10......!
I remember when Eric was getting chemo, I looked forward to the days when life would get back to normal. And I read that in the caringbridge sites of so many of the kids and families still going through treatment, they can't wait for normal to return. And many of them try to find a new normal after losing their precious one. Oh yes, I am thankful for normal!
Stay warm..........

No comments: