Thursday, January 18, 2007

His song is back!

I knew Eric was fearful of relapse (long before the ITP episode) but I guess I didn't realize just how fearful he was until this last week. He used to sing allllllll the time and I loved it. Then it just tapered off until almost nothing. He still loved to listen to music of all kinds but the singing was gone. After the battery of tests last week confirming no relapse, well, his song is back! When we left ACH last Friday night he sang all the way to Conway, nothing on the radio, just sang. Anything from Veggie Tales to Happy Days to Blue daba de daba die (I'm sure there's a name for that one, I just don't know what it is.) Anyway, I am loving it! Eric's joy and song have returned. He's so much fun and laughs more every day. So he has ITP yes, but he doesn't have cancer and he's no longer in constant fear. WOW, God is good! And, the icing on the cake?
He's always in tune!!!! Even if he wasn't he is "making a joyful noise" and I know that pleases or Lord. Be blessed, we certainly are.

Jan

No comments: